OGR connection for LINUX

joÿffffffffffe3o Antunes bluetuna_goes_skying at YAHOO.CO.UK
Wed May 4 06:49:11 EDT 2005

Dear list,

I am using a OGR connection to a MySQL database table to create thematic maps based on the values contained in this table.

Here goes how it is working now:

LAYER

NAME mt

TYPE POLYGON

STATUS ON

MAXSCALE 1000000

LABELITEM 'Nomecomune'

CONNECTIONTYPE OGR

CONNECTION "C:\Programmi\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs\abruzzo\maps\data\comuni_abruzzo_gb_region.shp"

DATA "SELECT * FROM comuni_abruzzo_gb_region LEFT JOIN 'ODBC:tuna/caparica at mappa_tem'.mp_ini ON comuni_abruzzo_gb_region.Id = mp_ini.ID"

CLASSITEM FIELD

CLASS

NAME 'mt0'

EXPRESSION ([FIELD] < (2))

STYLE

OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255

COLOR 221 250 220

END

TEMPLATE void

END

METADATA

"ID_MYSQL" "7"

"NICE_NAME" "Mappa Tematica"

END

END

Everything works fine in windows/apache/php/mapserver/mapscript environement...

Now the challenge is: I am transfering this system to LINUX environment and as far as could get so far I still have to use an ODBC connection... is this true? I mean beeing in LINUX environment souldn't I be able to make a direct connection between mapserver an MySQL without having to use a windows native technology?

I am afraid I might be making things more complex than they could be..

thanks in advance for any tips.

Joao Antunes