Scalebar Intervals - Defining Numeric Values

Paul Spencer pspencer at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed May 4 06:57:28 EDT 2005

Matthew,

your assessment is correct, you cannot affect the values that mapserver
decides to use for a scale bar.  There is a good reason for this.  At
your particular scale, it may not be possible to use an integral number
of pixels to represent 100km (or some sub-division of that).  Also,
MapServer does make the scale bar fit the requested size (including the
labels) so you could try reducing the width in small increments to see
if you can get a different result.

Cheers

Paul