OGR connection for LINUX

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 5 10:13:36 EDT 2005

On 5/5/05, joÿffffffffffe3o Antunes <bluetuna_goes_skying at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Thank you Frank for your kind help.
>
> I still have some issues though..
>
> I don't understand which syntax I should use.. I am trying something like
>

>    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
>    CONNECTION "C:\Programmi\Apache
> Group\Apache\htdocs\abruzzo\maps\data\comuni_abruzzo_gb.shp"
>    DATA "SELECT * FROM comuni_abruzzo_gb LEFT JOIN
> 'MYGIS:database=zzzz_abruzzo, tablename=zzz, user=rt, password=rt,
> port=3306' ON comuni_abruzzo_gb.Id = zzz.ID"

Joao,

Yikes, I completely missed the join in your select.  First, is your
OGR built with MySQL support?  This isn't all that common.

Second, the direct MySQL support is done using:

 MYSQL:database=zzzz_abruzzo,tablename=zzz,user=rt,password=rt,port=3306

(not MYGIS).  Also, I suggest removing the space.  Phase 1 of constructing
such a query would be to try accessing the MySQL database externally
with the ogrinfo commandline program.

eg.

ogrinfo -ro -al -so
'MYSQL:database=zzzz_abruzzo,tablename=zzz,user=rt,password=rt,port=3306'

If you don't get a list of tables doing this, then you are likely lacking the
driver.  You can check for the driver using "ogrinfo --formats".

Next, try your full query with ogrinfo and see if it works.

eg.

ogrinfo -ro "C:\Programmi\Apache\Group\Apache\htdocs\abruzzo\maps\data\comuni_abruzzo_gb.shp"
 -sql  "SELECT * FROM comuni_abruzzo_gb LEFT JOIN
MYSQL:database=zzzz_abruzzo, tablename=zzz, user=rt, password=rt,
port=3306' ON comuni_abruzzo_gb.Id = zzz.ID"

If that works, then transfer the query back into your map.

PS. I just read the driver help for the MySQL OGR driver, and I see it said to
prefix the datasource name with MYGIS (instead of MYSQL).  Sorry about that,
it was an error.  I have corrected it now.

Best regards,