MyGIS and WFS

Gregor Mosheh stigmata_blackangel at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 6 13:35:23 EDT 2005

Bart said:

> If I would be in your shoes I would be moving to
> PostgreSQL/PostGIS.

I agree entirely! MyGIS is comparatively slow and
lacks the rich feature set of PostGIS.

And, last I heard, support for MySQL 4.1's true
spatial stuff isn't forthcoming in MapServer any time
soon.

> I never succeeded in compiling the Perl utility on
> Windows for loading the
> shapefiles into MySQL. But probably compiling
> Mapserver against the MySQL
> libraries won't be too hard.

If you mean the shp2mysql.pl program, I posted a fix
for this a few months ago to mapserver-dev. I still
have that (minor but vital) fix in my mail, if
anyone's interested.