mapserver and postgis

Didrik Pinte dpinte at ITAE.BE
Sun May 8 17:10:53 EDT 2005

Message also posted to the Debian-GIS mailing list

Hi,

I'm running the mapserver Sarge package with the latest Postgis package
from Debian-GIS.

I'm having problem using booleans as EXPRESSION in my .map file.
Mapserver does not seem to succeed in the expression evaluation. I do
not see any point when using EXPRESSION.

Here is the mapserver class :

		CLASS
                        NAME "test"
                        EXPRESSION ([moved] = 't')
                        COLOR 255 0 0
                        OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
                        SIZE 10
                        SYMBOL "circle"
                END

And here is the table definition  :

CREATE TABLE mapping
(
  id varchar(50) NOT NULL,
  moved bool DEFAULT false,
  cartopoint geometry,
  CONSTRAINT id PRIMARY KEY (id),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_dims_cartopoint CHECK (ndims(cartopoint) = 2),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_geotype_cartopoint CHECK (geometrytype(cartopoint)
= 'POINT'::text OR cartopoint IS NULL),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_srid_cartopoint CHECK (srid(cartopoint) = 4326)
)

How can I make that work ? I tried to use the text(bool) function inside
Postgres and that works perfectly well :

select text(moved) from tblgeomapping where text(moved)='t';

Any help is welcome.

Didrik