Python MapScript module still not found (today's summary)

Emil Zegers taatuut at PLANET.NL
Tue May 10 17:30:01 EDT 2005

Hello,

After fiddling around some more I finally leave this case unresolved for
today.

I switched to ActiveState ActivePython instead of using the binaries from
www.python.org and reinstalled Python MapScript, no change.

Tried a lot of different mappings in IIS for .py files:

c:\python23\python.exe --> nothing works, time-out for all .py files
c:\python23\python.exe -u "%s" "%s" --> works for .py scripts, import DLL
gives 'not found'
c:\python23\python.exe "%s" --> works for .py scripts, import DLL gives 'not
found'
c:\python23\python.exe "%s" "%s" --> works for .py scripts, import DLL gives
'not found'

Any ideas on what mapping to use and how this influences importing dll's
will be appreciated.

So now under IIS I can run .py scripts under IIS and I can import modules
(eg. importing os works fine) but I still have this problem with importing
MapScript.

Importing MapScript from the Python command line works fine.

Could it be it has something to do with the naming of the MapScript files?
There's a _mapscript.pyd and mapscript.py, mapscript.pyc and mapscript.pyo
after installing.

For os module there is no .pyd, just the py, pyc and pyo (just a guess, I'm
no Python expert)

On a Python mail list I also found some similair info about importing
problems under IIS and not with command line. They suspected the way the
files were installed may be (part of) the reason. I've installed everything
with administrator rights and have granted IUR and IWAM all needed rights.

Switching to Apache might be a really easy solution for this but I would
like to have this working with IIS.

Regards,

Emil