Python MapScript module still not found (today's summary)

Ryan, Adam ARyan at CO.LINN.OR.US
Wed May 11 14:15:01 EDT 2005

I tried Emil's setup and ran into the same problems.

I downloaded from:
http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/build_output/5_11_2005

Two flavors: none.exe and full.exe

I could not import _mapscript on either.  Running dependency walker I found
files could not be found by libmap.ddl:

Both flavors could not find:

LTI_DSDK_DLL.DLL
NCSECW.DLL
NCSUTIL.DLL
OCI.DLL

And full.exe could not find these and:

SDE90.DLL

So, I pulled LTI_DSDK_DLL.DLL off of
http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/build_output/sean_2003

Then I pulled the ECW SDK Dlls from Frank's Tools.

But I don't have SDE, and isn't the OCI.dll for the Oracle client?  Should
that be referenced in the libmap.dll from none.exe?

I haven't searched around for OCI.dll.  Shall I?

Cheers,

Adam