MapServer 4.6.0-beta2 released

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed May 11 22:38:57 EDT 2005

Hi,

MapServer 4.6.0-beta2 is now available for download on the MapServer
website (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/dload.html). This is the second
beta in our plan for a MapServer 4.6.0 release early June, just in time
for MUM3. Once again, we invite experienced users to contribute to the
release process by testing the betas with their applications and
reporting any issues via bugzilla.

The list of fixes since beta1 is included below.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca

Version 4.6.0-beta2 (2005-05-11)
--------------------------------

- Bug 179 :  add a small buffer around the cliping rectangle to
   avoid lines around the edges.

- Finished code to convert back and forth between GEOS geometries.
Buffer and
   convex hull operations are exposed in mapscript.

- fontset.fonts hash now exposed in mapscript (bug 1345).

- Bug 1336 : Retreive distance value for DWithin filter request
   done with line and polygon shapes/

- Bug 985 / 1015: Don't render raster layers as classified if none of
   the classes has an expression set (gdal renderer only).

- Bug 1344: Fixed several issues in writing of inline SYMBOLS when saving
   mapfile (missing quotes around CHARACTER and other string members of
SYMBOL
   object, check for NULLs, and write correct identifiers for POSITION,
   LINECAP and LINEJOIN).