About ShapeTree and Raster TileIndex

Akio Neuchi neuchi at TCI-COM.BIZ
Fri May 13 06:03:13 EDT 2005

Hello to all,

I just made a *.qix file from *.shp file for Raster TileIndex images --
around 800 gif images,
and tested with and without shape tree. The result was there is no
difference in processing speed.

The procedure was,
gdaltindex MSRAS_12000.shp MSRAS_12000/*.gif,
shptree MSRAS_12000.shp,
and I got MSRAS_12000.qix.
(Under MSRAS_12000 directory there are 800 gif and wld files.)

I wonder if I am following the right procedure, and if so,
why there is no difference on the processing.

In addition, I have around 100 of Vector TileIndex shape directories,
and If ShapeTree really works, I am planning to build *.qix for each Vector
shapes.

My OUTPUTFORMAT amd Raster layer are like these:

OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME gif
    MIMETYPE "image/gif"
    DRIVER "GD/GIF"