label display

Lowell Filak lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG
Fri May 13 08:32:27 EDT 2005

It's not automatic, but we ended up creating a 'route' based on the
roadname from township line to township line

The following message was sent by Mauricio Leon
<mleon at SCIENTIFICINFORMATICS.COM> on Thu, 12 May 2005 18:13:06 -0500.

> Mapserver enthusiasts
>
> When displaying road names, the name of every road is displayed as many
> times (almost) as there are entries in the .dbf file for that road.  I
need
> to display the road name only once.  Is there any method to make mapserver
> display the entire road while printing the corresponding label once?
>
> Many, many thanks

Mauricio.

Have you already tried adjusting the minfeaturesize & mindistance?
It's not automatic, but we ended up creating a 'route' based on the
roadname from township line to township line for our commercial software
to label things correctly when zoomed out and we use that same route to
create the line shapefile for mapserver.

Lowell