Python test failure on Mac

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Fri May 13 18:54:35 EDT 2005

On May 13, 2005, at 4:11 PM, David Huttleston Jr wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm in the process of porting Mapserver and some of it's supporting
> libraries to Mac OS X.  The results of which will be released as part
> of the DarwinPort project for others to download and build.
>
> I've bumped into a byte order error on the MapCloningTestCase.  I
> haven't seen anything on google or the archives so I thought I'd ask
> the list before I get ugly with this.  I know others have used
> MapServer on a Mac, has anyone else seen this before?
>
> % python runalltests.py -v
> check attributes of a cloned class ... ok
> testConstructorNoArg (classtest.ClassObjTestCase) ... ok
> testConstructorWithArg (classtest.ClassObjTestCase) ... ok
> MapCloningTestCase.testClonedLayers: the layers of a cloned map equal
> the original ... ERROR 1: CPLVerifyConfiguration(): byte order set
> wrong.

Never seen that before, and haven't heard anything from other OS X
(10.3) mapscript users.  Looks like a GDAL error.
MapCloningTestCase.testClonedLayers doesn't even render an image, so
I'm not sure where it comes into play.  Maybe there's an assert
somewhere?

You forgot to tell us the most important information: which mapserver
and GDAL versions are you building?

Sean

--
Sean Gillies