PHP/Mapscript and gdal, segfault, solved!

Vortex vortex25 at GMX.DE
Mon May 16 09:05:18 EDT 2005

On Sun, 15 May 2005 22:54:07 +0200
Vortex <vortex25 at GMX.DE> wrote:

> I'm using PHP/Mapscript for a while. It works perfectly
> until now although php is running as an apache dso.
> I know that this is discouraged, but a few people
> already mentioned that it works.
>
> Now i have discovered that all input formats using
> the gdal library (or at least geotiff) causes a segfault.

The segmentation fault was apparently caused by a conflict
between the libtiff linked by libphp5.so and
php_mapscript.so/libgdal. After recompiling php without
tiff support everything works well.

" WWW:   http://db0fhn.efi.fh-nuernberg.de/~dg1nav?vo
" EMAIL: vortex25 at gmx.de
" AX.25: dg1nav at db0fhn.#bay.deu.eu