PHP/Mapscript and gdal, segfault?

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 16 10:16:20 EDT 2005

On 5/15/05, Vortex <vortex25 at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm using PHP/Mapscript for a while. It works perfectly
> until now although php is running as an apache dso.
> I know that this is discouraged, but a few people
> already mentioned that it works.
>
> Now i have discovered that all input formats using
> the gdal library (or at least geotiff) causes a segfault.
> Can anybody confirm this?
>
> It would be a pitty if i switch to php running as cgi
> although this problem could be fixed easy and maybe
> isn't related to the php dso at all.

Klaus,

I am not aware of any specific incompatibility between
GDAL and use of PHP MapScript as a dso.  You might want
to try with non-GeoTIFF files that still go through GDAL and/or
try with the cgi version to help determine the boundary of the
problem.  I *suspect* there is a conflicting libtiff in use which
can cause all sorts of pain.

Best regards,