Display progress bar while waiting for data

Dejan Gambin dejan.gambin at PULA.HR
Mon May 16 17:06:09 EDT 2005

Hi,

Is it possible to create some kind of progress bar while waiting for
raster data to be displayed. I have some raster data in GeoTIFF format
that some users with a slow connection must wait for. I am wondering if
I can show them a progress bar indicating "estimated" time they have to
wait so they know and they can wait or cancel the process.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what is the best way to inform users?

thanks very much

dejan