JOIN object and WMS/WFS

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Tue May 17 07:43:59 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a .shp/.shx/.dbf combo which I have publised as a
layer/featuretype for OGC:WMS/OGC:WFS.

I have an additional .dbf file which I'd like to join to the layer.
However when I issue a WMS GetFeatureInfo WFS DescribeFeatureType I
can't see the data from the seperate .dbf file.

Any suggestions?  Below is my mapfile layer def:

Thanks in advance

..Tom

 LAYER
  NAME "popplace_pt"
  STATUS ON
  DATA "data/popplace_pt"
  TYPE POINT
  DUMP TRUE
  HEADER "templates/popplace_pt_query_header.html"
  TEMPLATE "templates/popplace_pt_query_body.html"
  TOLERANCE 30
  JOIN
   NAME "POPNAMEJOIN"
   FROM "POPNAME"
   TO "POPNAME"
   TABLE
"/usr/local/wwwsites/apache/devgeo.cciw.ca/apps/mapserv/services/kyw/dat
a/table1.dbf"
   TYPE MULTIPLE
   TEMPLATE "templates/popplace_pt_join_query_body.html"
  END
  METADATA
   "ows_title"    "Populated Places"
   "ows_abstract"    "Populated Places"
   "ows_keywordlist" "environment,air pollution,acid
rain,climate,greenhouse effect,ecosystems,environment i
mpact assessment,emergency preparedness,pollution,biological
diversity,environmental protection,water,wildli
fe,weather,waste,environmental management,environmental
technology,recycling,climate change,environmental em
ergency,pollution prevention,sustainable development,science and
technology,environmental action,smog,ozone,
ec,cise,ogc,cgdi"
   "wms_opaque" "0"
   "ows_metadataurl_type" "FGDC"
   "wms_metadataurl_format" "text/html"