Undisguised e-mail addresses in mapserver archives

S.Nicolas - Webmaster webmaster at 2ID-DESIGN.COM
Fri May 20 08:42:30 EDT 2005

Totally agree, lots of open source forum available, easy to set up.

Stéphane

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Jeff Portwine
Sent: 20 May 2005 13:27
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Undisguised e-mail addresses in mapserver
archives

I know this is offtopic, but since this was brought up... it kind of leads
into a question I've had for a while.   Is there any particular reason that
we use an email list instead of like a web forum for this kind of
communication?   It seems like opensource projects like this one tend to use
email lists instead of forums, but it seems to me that there are a lot of
advantages to a web forum such as easier searching and threaded messages, as
well as the ability to post announcements and sticky-note a FAQ would make
it the preferred method.   It would also solve the spam problem as email
addresses can pretty much always be hidden.   I'm not opposed to email of
course, was just a question I  had.

-Jeff