Clients vs. Environments

Bill Binko bill at BINKO.NET
Sat May 21 14:18:47 EDT 2005

On Sat, 21 May 2005, Lester Caine wrote:

> Here is the list so far:-

> MapSurfer - Have not got a map to load yet :(

I have gotten MapSurfer to work fine, and for what it is, it works well.
It basically is a frames-based Map viewer that displays locally hosted
mapfiles via the CGI Mapserver interface.  Personally, I find it hard to
extend, as all of the logic is embedded in DHTML/Javascript.  The only
part that I couldn't get to work was the reference map (but that's
certainly because I didn't care about it.)

It is an excellent testbed for playing with mapfiles while I develop the
rest of my site.

For a more integrated system, I am also looking at a component framework,
and am playing with Chameleon and p.mapper.  I don't have enough
experience with either to provide input here.

If you want to see MapSurfer, email me and I'll get you a
username/password to my testbed site.

Bill