Chameleon installation?

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Sat May 21 14:47:06 EDT 2005

Gregor,

first of all, this kind of question can be better addressed at the
Chameleon user list.

If you use MS4W installing Chameleon is a piece of cake actually. Running
your own Apache server you have to be a bit more advanced (but it is still
very much doable), and running under IIS even a bit more advanced.

Please note that Chameleon is not a map editing product, it is more a
publishing product to publish data in flexible web mapping applications
based on templates. Maplab does serve the map editing purpose.

For Map editing you could also use QGIS and export as MAP file, but I
don't know if your solution needs to be web-based. Also, QGIS can't open a
MAP file.

Best regards,
Bart