Clients vs. Environments

Martin H øgh mh at SVAJ.DK
Mon May 23 06:33:19 EDT 2005

PostGIS follows the OpenGIS "Simple Features Specification for SQL", which
of cause is an open standard. You'll be stuck on some proprietary technology
if you use files like ESRI shape or MapInfo tab or on other spatial enabled
database technology like ERSI SDE or Oracle Spatial (which also cost a lot
of money). But the thing is that it’s only for PostGreSQL you can get a
SFSQL extension - yet

/martin