Easy $100.00 for the working example

Aaron Racicot aaronr at ECOTRUST.ORG
Mon May 23 13:43:09 EDT 2005

Dave,

Check out:

http://pearl.ecotrust.org/apps/simple_mapserver/index.phtml

I have added your two data layers to the example I made for you and
shifted the extent to view those layers.  I am using the tiff version of
both rasters, as I don't have any experience getting HDF working with
Mapserver.  I made a world file for the Bathymetry layer since it did
not have any geo-referencing info in the image.  You will need this to
tell Mapserver (and GDAL) where this image is and what the resolution
is.  I have copied in the Mapfile and .tfw file below for your
reference.  Let me know if this helps.  I will leave it to others for
help on the HDF file format and defining that layer with Mapserver and
GDAL.

Aaron

The Bathymap.tfw file
[aaronr at pearl nc_fish]$ more Bathymap.tfw
0.00151209677419
0
0
-0.00125549278092
-78.9992439516
34.9993722536
[aaronr at pearl nc_fish]$

The new Mapfile with the layers you provided
####################    E c o t r u s t    ####################
##                                                           ##
##             Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center            ##
##                    721 NW Ninth Avenue                    ##
##                        Suite 200                          ##
##                    Portland, OR 97209                     ##
##                     www.ecotrust.org                      ##
##                                                           ##
##                 Copyright 2005, Ecotrust                  ##
##                                                           ##
####################    E c o t r u s t    ####################

MAP
  NAME "Simple Test"
  STATUS ON

  EXTENT -91 22 -70 37

  SIZE 800 600
  SHAPEPATH "/var/www/html/apps/simple_mapserver/data"
  SYMBOLSET "/var/www/html/apps/simple_mapserver/etc/symbols.sym"
  FONTSET "/var/www/html/apps/simple_mapserver/etc/fonts.txt"

  IMAGETYPE gif
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  UNITS DD
  WEB
    IMAGEPATH "/tmp/ms_temp/"
    IMAGEURL "/tmp/ms_temp/"
    METADATA
    END
  END
  QUERYMAP
    STATUS OFF
    SIZE -1 -1
    COLOR 255 255 0
    STYLE HILITE
  END
  PROJECTION
   "proj=latlong"
   "datum=WGS84"
  END

  #
  # Start of reference map
  #
  REFERENCE
    IMAGE
"/var/www/html/apps/simple_mapserver/data/blue_marble_us_200_150.gif"
    EXTENT -170 10 -64 90
    SIZE 200 150
    STATUS OFF
    MINBOXSIZE 1
    MAXBOXSIZE 200
    COLOR -1 -1 -1
    OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
    MARKERSIZE 10
    MARKER 'star'
  END

  LEGEND
    STATUS OFF
    IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
    POSITION LL
    KEYSIZE 20 10
    KEYSPACING 5 5
    LABEL
      TYPE BITMAP
      SIZE MEDIUM
      OFFSET 5 5
      BUFFER 0
      MINDISTANCE -1
      MINFEATURESIZE -1
      COLOR 0 0 0
      PARTIALS TRUE
      FORCE FALSE
    END
  END

  SCALEBAR
    STATUS ON
    COLOR 100 100 100
    IMAGECOLOR 217 217 217
    UNITS MILES
    INTERVALS 2
    SIZE 200 3
    STYLE 1
    POSITION LL
    INTERLACE TRUE
    LABEL
      TYPE BITMAP
      SIZE MEDIUM
      OFFSET 5 5
      BUFFER 0
      MINDISTANCE -1
      MINFEATURESIZE -1
      COLOR 0 0 0
      PARTIALS TRUE
      FORCE FALSE
    END
  END

  LAYER
    NAME "NOAA SST - TIF"
    DATA "./nc_fish/2005_118_0843_n16_sr.tif"
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TOLERANCE 0
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS