Cleaning the /tmp directory

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 24 15:50:05 EDT 2005

Hi Ed,
 I had thought the failures might be due to overloading our 'Boat Anchor'
brand webserver, but the failures happen whether its one or a dozen
snapshots being generated. Our websites do not handle much volume as they
are focused to a small group of specific private users.
 That being said, we are switching over to a new webserver, with a separate
new computer as a PostGIS database server, and saying goodbye to the P3 era.
Hopefully the new hardware will help, at the very least its going to speed
up our websites a lot, if not I'll dive back into the URL's that generate
the snapshots.
 Cheers,
Ken