WMS and reprojection

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Wed May 25 09:07:43 EDT 2005

Vincent -

You need to be sure you are accurately describing each service; can you post the MAP file you are using for the 2 WMS servers?

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: +1 (978) 251-4242
Fax: +1 (978) 251-1396
ed at topozone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of vincent.dacol
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 5:40 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] WMS and reprojection

Hi everybody,

I'm a student and I'm disovering the world of Mapserver and interoperabillity.

I'm trying to use 2 WMS services in different projections, and one client to display two layer from that server.

But the reprojection didn't work in the client. The 2 layer obtain with the 2 WMS server aren't display in the same projection.

The projection of my WMS server 1 is "init=epsg:27571"
The projection of my WMS server 2 is "init=epsg:27582"

This two server can serv :
"wms_srs"      "EPSG:27582 EPSG:27571"

The projection I want to display with the client is "init=epsg:27582"

When I use the 2 layers in local, there is no supperposition problem, the picture obtain was fine, the reprojection work.

But with the WMS client, the first layer is in it's own projection, and the second too. So the 2 layer arn't supperposed, it seem there is no reprojection.

Is-it a reprojection probleme?

My opignon is that a single mapfile with multiple connections to different WMS server must only connect to server who are in the same projection.

Maybe I'm wrong, I really new to Mapserver, but I have spend a lot of time one this probleme, and the only solution I have find the solve it is to use the same output projection in the client and in the WMS server.

But this solution isn't very logical for me. I want to connect to a server who use is own projection, and can serve data in other predefined EPSG projection. So a WMS client use a WMS layer has a local layer, with is own projection output, and is abble to reproject the data obtain in the WMS layer.

Thanks for the help (I really need it).

Vincent