Can I do map intersection on the fly?

Thu May 26 17:56:01 EDT 2005

You can't do that with MapServer as it sits. The GEOS support added for 4.6 will allow this sort of stuff via MapScript although I haven't added the intersection operator yet (only buffers and convex hulls are supported at the moment). Are you using MapScript? If so, I could look into quickly exposing an intersection method for a shapeObj.

e.g. $intersection = $shape1->intersect($shape2);
       $intersection->draw(...);

Steve

>>> John Kim <jkim at SCIENCES.SDSU.EDU> 05/26/05 12:34 PM >>>
Is it possible to use Mapserver to display an intersection between two polygons? I have two polygon shape files, and I'd like to display the intersection of a polygon from one shape file with the polygon from the other shape file. (The specific polygons are chosen on the fly according to input from our network of sensors).

Thanks.

-John