Georeferencing ECW

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Fri May 27 03:32:30 EDT 2005

Hi,

what is the output of gdalinfo on that file?

I know that GDAL does read an associated tab file with a tiff for instance, if they are the exact same name (except for the file extension). It reads the control points then from the tab file.

So you could transform your ECW files in batch to tiff, and then optionally to Geotiff. There might be an easier way though ....

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera-ITSolutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Jérôme Tricand de la Goutte              <jdelagou at LOGATIQUE.FR> 05/27/05 08:56am >>>
Hi everyone.

I have many ECW files ungeoreferenced, and for each, I have a TAB file
used for georeferencing any picture in Mapinfo.
All of them are tiles of a single layer.

I want to show this layer using Mapserver.

So I need to create a tileinde. But gdaltinde do not work on such files.
Does anyone know how to georeference those picture, or to tranform
ECW+TAB to TIFF+TFW, for example?

Thanks.

Jérôme

--