Resampling rasters from unprojected WMS sources ?

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Fri May 27 14:36:01 EDT 2005

Lars -

It sounds like the right approach; could you post the MAP file if
possible?  Thanks.

        - Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: +1 (978) 251-4242
Fax: +1 (978) 251-1396
ed at topozone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Lars V. Nielsen (HVM)
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 9:14 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Resampling rasters from unprojected WMS
sources ?

I'm rendering a map in a UTM projection, but want to add a satellite
image wms service that only delivers images in lat/long wgs84.

No problem, I set the wms layer projection to epsg:4326, while my map
(and other layers) use projection epsg:25832. And it works, or almost

The sat image is distorted - "flattened" - so the vector line work
layers on top of it exceeds the country coast line north and south. And
quite significantly so.

Shouldn't the raster re-projection algoritms in Mapserver take care of
such distortions, or is mixing projected and unprojected coordinate
systems
(still) a no-no ?

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Lars V. Nielsen