MapScript w/ PHP 5?

Camden Daily cdaily at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 28 12:41:14 EDT 2005

We're running php/mapscript with php 5 and apache 2 as a DSO on linux.

I've heard of issues some people had with mapscript running as a DSO,
and I've read a lot about the thread-safety issues of php and apache
2, but I haven't seen anything regarding specific compatability
problems between mapscript and php 5.

So far I haven't had any problems, but we don't have a very heavy load
on our mapserver.

-Camden Daily
Prudential Preferred Properties
http://www.prupref.com