MapServer 4.6.0-beta3 released

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 31 16:20:21 EDT 2005

Hi Daniel,
 I'm using the build of 4.6beta3 for windows that was made available for
download from maptools.org <http://maptools.org> today.
 If TRANSPARENT is within the outputformat, mapserver fails and returns the
following error message:
 "GD/JPEG OUTPUTFORMAT jpeg has TRANSPARENT set ON, but this is not
supported. It has been disabled."
 Leaving TRANSPARENT out of the outputformat block prevents the error
message, and the map appears to be generating properly including
transparancy. Previously I had to have TRANSPARENT ON in my outputformat
block to enable transparancy.
 If this was the intended effect, then just the 4.6 documentation needs to
be updated for the syntax change. I brought this up because the change was
not listed in the revision history in history.txt, and the mapserver log and
our flash interface don't show this error message, leaving me to try it out
in an HTML template when our flash site failed.
 Thanks again,
Ken