ArcMap - GetFeatureInfo URL missing the LAYERS parameter?

Geoff Dibley Geoff.Dibley at GA.GOV.AU
Tue May 31 22:35:03 EDT 2005

Bonnie,

We came across the same problem with ESRI clients using the GetFeatureInfo
request.
The Layers parameter in the OGC WMS spec does imply that the Layers parameter
is required.

We followed it up with ESRI in Australia and they came back with this
response;

>>It looks like we are making a change to our software to ensure that we
>>can perform an Identify on a MapServer WMS. The assigned analyst has
>>just notified me that:
>>"An enhancement request has been logged to make the LAYERS parameter as
>>part of the <map_request_copy> portion of the GetFeatureInfo request,
>>CQ00269950."
>>I don't yet know which Version or Service Pack this will be targeted
>>for but I know that ArcGIS 9.1 has already been completed so I would
>>not expect it to >be as soon as that.
>>Thankyou for bringing the issue to our attention.

Regards,
Geoff

Geoff Dibley
Geospatial and Earth Monitoring Division
Geoscience Australia
GPO Box 378 Canberra ACT 2601
Phone: +61 2 6249 9809
Fax: + 61 2 6249 9937