Raster Quality

Peter Kingsbury peter.kingsbury at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 29 11:00:47 EST 2005

Hello all,

I'm having some problems with a DEM I'm putting up on a site. I have a
high-quality 32 bit TIFF, and a lower-quality 8-bit TIFF. On the mapserver
I'm displaying the site (using Chameleon), the application renders the TIFF
with a seemingly lower quality; some of the pixel precision seems lost. It
almost looks like Chameleon/MS4W is dithering the image down to 8 bits
before sending the image to the browser.

I have the output format set to PNG24, however, is there a specific way to
prevent color loss?

Best regards,
- Peter