Oracle10g - OGC Services

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Tue Oct 4 07:01:12 EDT 2005

Hi,

Please note that what you are trying to do is not something to start with as a newbie. First setup a WMS/WFS server on a shapefile I would suggest. See the Mapserver WMS and WFS Server HOWTO documents for reference.

M4W does not have Mapserver binaries which can connect to Oracle, so you would have to use the Hobu's kitchen sink binaries or compile your own binaries.

http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/

For Mapserver-Oracle info check this site:

http://ms.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/oracle_spatial_howto/view?searchterm=oracle%20spatial

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Sujith kumar <esujithk at YAHOO.CO.IN> 4-10-2005 12:44 >>>
Hi All,

I am a trying to run OGC Services(WMS-WFS) on Oracle10g. I have downloaded MS4W(MapServer For Windows). Unfortunately I don't understand how to make my Oracle accessible by MapServer and get the OGC Services running on the Database.

Being a newbie I expect a descriptive and detailed steps on how to get OGC Services running on my Oracle10g.

newbie.