HELP-1!

Daniel daniel.faivre at CAMPTOCAMP.COM
Tue Oct 4 11:35:37 EDT 2005

For routing, u can use the pgdijkstra extension written as a postgresql
contrib by camptocamp. You can download it and consult documentation on
cartoweb.org.

With pgdijkstra, you can compute (for sample) the shortest path from one
city to another, and define the result as a mapserver layer. In your
mapfile, the shortest path layer will look like:

LAYER
[...]
    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
    CONNECTION "user=webuser host=localhost dbname=geo"
    DATA "the_geom from (SELECT the_geom, gid from
shortest_path_as_geometry('my_polyline_[table|query|view|tuples]', 2629,
10171)) as thing using unique gid using srid=-1"
[...]

You can also use mapscript to add a shortest path layer dynamically.

In postgresql, you can directly compute a shortest path by a query like:

SELECT shortest_path('SELECT source, id, target, cost FROM edges',
22791, 4816);

Yours,

dF