Using WMS time dimension with rasters?

Eric Bridger eric at GOMOOS.ORG
Tue Oct 11 14:54:00 EDT 2005

Alternatively, you can use Mapserver's variable substituion. See:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc46/mapfile-reference.html#variablesubstitution

If you store your rasters with a time stamp as part of the name e.g.
modis_YYYYMMDDTHHMM.jpg, you can use the following in your map file:

DATA '/modis_files/%time%.jpg'

Your users would then need to add the &time=YYYYMMDDTHHMM parameter to
their GetMap requests.

Eric