OGR/OVF Issues

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Oct 11 16:19:28 EDT 2005

On 10/11/05, Avramov,Daniel [Ontario] <Daniel.Avramov at ec.gc.ca> wrote:

> We have been experiencing some inconsistent behaviours using OGR/OVF to
> connect to MS SQL Server 2000

Daniel,

You didn't mention anything about the version of GDAL/OGR you
are using.  There was a problem on win32 platforms with the VRT
(OVF) driver crashing on close sometimes.  I am confident this was
fixed in GDAL 1.3.0, and likely also in GDAL 1.2.6.  If you are
using an older version consider upgrading.

If that isn't the issue, then I am not sure why you would be seeing
intermittent failures.

Best regards,