data export tool

Martin Tomko m.tomko at PGRAD.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Thu Oct 13 01:23:20 EDT 2005

Hi All,
this may be a bit out of topic, but I thought that the communicty could
help me. Please, reply out directly if you think this is not relevant to
the rest of the list.

I am desperately seeking a tool/workflow o export vector data into
text/tables with basically the arc/node topological description of my data.

So If I export polygons, I need a table with the polygon IS and the IDs
of all its arcs, without any coordinates. Does anyone know a way?

I was thinking about postgress/postgis? Dump a shp in it and try an sql?
Would ogr2ogr do it somehow? I did not find a way to include the IDs of
the arcs of a polygon. Seems like export to CSV would help, but I need
to get the arcs IDs somehow.

Thanks
Martin