MapServer and Oracle Spatial

Fernando Simon fsimon at UNIVALI.BR
Thu Oct 13 07:48:34 EDT 2005

Hi Jukka,
    This error occur when the Mapserver can't access the ORACLE_HOME
directory.
    When the Oracle Spatial connection return an empty error: "Error:
.". It's relate with access to Oracle files.
     In your case I believe that if you set the same enviroments in
console this error disappear.
    Can you set the Oracle enviroments in console (as System variables
in Windows) instead of httpd env?
    Here, for Windows, I use the Hobu Mapserver binaries
(http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/) with Oracle Spatial support.
    Thanks again.

Fernando Simon
Mapserver and Oracle Spatial developer
G10 - Laboratorio de Computacao Aplicada - Brazil
http://www.univali.br/g10 - UNIVALI/CTTMAR