Windows XP Installation - How to Debug?

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Mon Oct 17 10:08:20 EDT 2005

And for some reason an incorrectly installed/missing ZLIB.DLL seems to
usually be the culprit....

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
ed at topozone.com
(978) 251-4242

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Ken Lord
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 11:53 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Windows XP Installation - How to
Debug?

Hi Kirby,

That error is usually a DLL problem.

at the command line, run mapserver  ...  C:\..\..\mapserv.exe

If there are any missing dll's,  it will tell you. If it does not, then
restart your computer.  WinXP Pro SP2 seems to be a little more fussy
than older versions.

Restarting after a fresh install has fixed that problem for me a couple
times.

If that doesnt help, then use the version of MapServer from
maptools.org/dl

Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC