Problems translating map file layers to mapscript

Damon Butler damon at HDDESIGN.COM
Tue Oct 18 13:21:02 EDT 2005

> # Should I have to set these? Can they be made tranparent?

Yes. And Yes.

> #c.label.backgroundcolor = mapscript.colorObj(255, 255, 255)
> #c.label.outlinecolor = mapscript.colorObj(255, 255, 255)

They can be made transparent by supplying negative numbers for the R, G,
and B values.

c.label.backgroundcolor = mapscript.colorObj(-1, -1, -1)
c.label.outlinecolor = mapscript.colorObj(-1, -1, -1)

But I'm afraid that I don't have any insights into your other queries
(repeated below).

--Damon

> I'm also having to specify c.label.minsize and c.label.maxsize,
> otherwise the labels come out just one or two pixels tall. It's like
> there are some defaults that are assumed in the map file but that need
> to be made explicit in the mapscript version.
>
> Any insights appreciated,
>
> --David Niergarth
>
> P.S. I wonder if anyone has ever written a code generator that could
> translate map file fragments (like a layer) to mapscript API calls? I'm
> discovering doing it by hand is pretty tedious.

=-=-=-=
"Hey, sexy mama. Wanna kill all the humans?" -Bender