Problems translating map file layers to mapscript

Damon Butler damon at HDDESIGN.COM
Wed Oct 19 13:28:52 EDT 2005

>> I suspect that you might be doing something like this:
>>
>>     class.label = mapscript.labelObj()
>>
>> right? This could be your problem.
>
> Yes, that's exactly it.

Indeed. Now I feel silly.

> Thanks for your help,

Seconded. Your code snippets really clarified everything.

 > BTW, Damon, I'm also collaborating with other Python users on a new web
 > programming package
 >
 >     http://zcologia.org/pcl
 >
 > The goal is to have all the capabilities of mapscript (because we use
 > MapServer for rendering), but a more natural and safer API. If you are
 > starting from scratch and don't need to reuse existing mapfiles, PCL
 > may be worth a look.

Most definitely! Ironically, we've already been giving this a look. We
may end up using this....

Again, many thanks!
--Damon