problem in running java-mapscript

orkun temiz at DEPREM.GOV.TR
Thu Oct 20 03:52:08 EDT 2005

listuser HH wrote:

> orkun wrote:
>
>> Fernando Simon wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Orkun,
>>>    The Java will read the lib from classpath.
>>>    So you need to put your lib in path that java can read, or in the
>>> lib system path (if it's appear in classpath).
>>>    Regards

>>> Fernando Simon
>>> Mapserver and Oracle Spatial developer
>>> G10 - Laboratorio de Computacao Aplicada - Brazil
>>> http://www.univali.br/g10 - UNIVALI/CTTMAR

>> thank you I checked CLASSPATH again.
>> mapscript resides in /usr/local/ and classpath
>> as in Eclipse :
>>
>> <classpath>
>>    <classpathentry kind="src" path=""/>
>>    <classpathentry exported="true" kind="con"
>> path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER"/>
>>    <classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib"
>> path="/home/orkun/work/postgresql.jar"/>
>>    <classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib"
>> path="/usr/local/mapscript.jar" />
>>    <classpathentry kind="output" path=""/>
>> </classpath>
>>
>> for instance postgresql.jar works well but mapscript does not.
>>
>> there might be another problem ?
>>
>> regards
>>
>> ______________________________________
>> XamimeLT - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr
>> Queries to: postmaster at deprem.gov.tr
>> ______________________________________
>> The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the
>> sender's own
>> and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of
>> Earthquake Research Dept.
>> of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.
>>
>> Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal
>> olarak T.C.
>> B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici
>> nitelikte degildir.
>>

> Hi,
>
> did you check your system if it knows the library "libmapscript.so"?
> You can try that with "ldconfig -vNX".
>
> Regards,
> Norbert

thank you
I created mapscript.jar and libmapscript.so.
I think they don't have any problems because  test map  worked  well and
produced  map.png.
But I don't know where to put  these  files.
Where should mapscript.jar and libmapscript.so reside ?
What should classpath be ?

regards

Ahmet Temiz

XamimeLT - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr