Oracle Point queries, Tip/Bug

Erik Baluba erik1969 at MAILHAVEN.COM
Fri Oct 21 11:30:18 EDT 2005

Hi,

As you know Mapserver needs an unique identifier in your Oracle table in
order to execute point queries, in addition to a spatial index.

If you use too large identifiers Mapserver will not return anything,
just a blank page. I was using 16 digit identifiers, which is no big
deal in Oracle. However it won't work for Mapserver. It didn't crash or
give any error messages, just blank screen. I would have preferred an
error message or a crash.

BTW, my MS is running on Windows. Build 4.6.1, Kitchen sink CGI version.

cheers,
  erik