CGI variable substitutions for PROCESSING

Matthew Perry perrygeo at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 22 01:46:22 EDT 2005

Hey folks,

I'm using CGI mapserv and I'm trying to find a way to do variable
substitution in the GDAL PROCESSING line to allow dynamic scaling of a
raster image:

PROCESSING "SCALE=%mintemp%,%maxtemp%"

and specify this with my &mode=map request:

&mintemp=31000&maxtemp=33000

However it doesn't seem to pick up on the CGI variables. I've noticed
Charlton's recent messages about other mapfile objects not taking cgi
substitution variables, could PROCESSING be one of them?

So taking another route, I tried to use the mapfile runtime configuration
like:

&map_sst_processing=SCALE=31000,33000

and again with the "=" url-encoded

&map_sst_processing=SCALE%3D31000,33000

Neither of which worked.

Is there any way to dynamically configure the PROCESSING object with mapserv
CGI or are we limited to hardcoding it at the moment?

--
Matt Perry
perrygeo at gmail.com
http://www.perrygeo.net