antialiasing line features..

Mon Oct 24 14:05:21 EDT 2005

Just to wrap things up. Antialising has not been removed. In testing independent of MapServer
I have been unable to get GD to produce antialised lines with 8-bit output formats. You might
try setting IMAGETYPE PNG24 and see if that helps.

Steve

Ivan Price wrote:
> you are having more luck than me.. I am using the following and getting
> a non-antialiased line still. Perhaps antialiasing has been removed from
> the cartoline's capabilities in later versions ?

This is what works for me:

   SYMBOL
     NAME "cartoline"
     TYPE cartoline
     LINECAP butt
     LINEJOIN miter
     LINEJOINMAXSIZE 1
   END
   LAYER
     NAME "countries"
     TYPE LINE
     STATUS on
     PROJECTION
       "init=epsg:4326"
     END
     DATA "........../wms/data/borders/cntry02.shp"
     METADATA
       "wms_title" "National Boundaries"
       "wms_layer_group" "/Reference"
     END
     CLASS
        NAME "BORDERS"
        STYLE
          COLOR 200 200 200
          SYMBOL "cartoline"
          ANTIALIAS TRUE
          SIZE 1
        END
     END
   END

Try comparing speeds with TRUE and FALSE in the above
with a dataset that has many line segments.