Static compilation of Mapserver?

Daniele Margotti margottid at COMUNE.LUGO.RA.IT
Tue Oct 25 09:37:05 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I want to use Mapserver on a remote Linux webserver, where I can upoload
CGIs.
Unfortunately, I have no shell access to this webserver, so I cannot
compile Mapserver directly on the machine.
But I have a Linux PC where I can compile/install all needed libraries
(Zlib, GD, Gdal, Libtiff, Proj, and so on) and, after that, compile CGI
Mapserver and PHP Mapscript.

Can I compile it including in the executable all those libraries? Would
then the Mapserver executable (or the Mapscript module) run even if
different libraries are installed on the webserver?
How can I do? (i.e.: which parameters should I add to "./configure" or
"make", or in the "Makefile"?)

Thank you,
    Daniele