sde passwords

Howard Butler hobu at IASTATE.EDU
Wed Oct 26 12:56:37 EDT 2005

They're not ;)  SDE doesn't kerberos or anything like that, I don't
think, so your only option is to put the password in the DATA string
so that MapServer can make the connection.  Make sure your mapfiles
are not world readable (and definitely not in a folder that is served
to the web).

It'd be handy if MapServer had some sort of credentials-file
mechanism, where you could specify logins and the layers the belong
to, but that path might just take us toward the mapfile include feature ;)

Howard