Re-center map on supplied XY

Chip Taylor work at XWB.COM
Thu Oct 27 10:10:42 EDT 2005

I have a map with no scripting (all CGI-based with HTML) that I'd like to
provide a way for the user to enter a longitude and latitude in text boxes,
hit submit, and recenter the map with current layers, size, etc on the
supplied latitude and longitude.  I know that the CGI passes the variables
mapx and mapy that tells you where the current map is centered, but if I
create a textboxes with id's and names of mapx and mapy, after these are
filled in with the desired values and the form is submitted the map is not
centered on these coordinates.  What am I doing wrong?  Is what I want
possible?

Chip Taylor
Prepared Response, Inc.
1127 Broadway Plaza, Suite 204
Tacoma, WA  98402
O 253.272.1730
M 253.948.2525
STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify Prepared Response, Inc. immediately at (206)
223-5544 and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.