Remote WMS layer

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Sep 21 09:59:19 EDT 2005

If EPSG:9810 is a supported projection in your case (I do not have it in
my espg projection file), It should not make a diffrence when combining
wms layers and local. All of them are reproject to the projection
defined at the map file level.

  BTW : you need to add a projection object on your layer.  I don't
think that the wms_srs would be used for projection. Add something like :
   PROJECTION
     "init=epsg:9810"
   END

Later,

Jørn Vegard Røsnes wrote:
> Thank you very much,
>
> it works!
>
> I guess I'm having some kind of combination problem. It's not working when
> adding this layer to you map-file.
>
> LAYER
>   NAME coast
>   TYPE LINE
>   STATUS default
>   DATA coast
>
>   CLASS
>       COLOR 10 10 10
>   END
>   METADATA
>     WMS_TITLE "Coast"
>     WMS_SRS "EPSG:9810"
>   END
> END
>

> I remember that the WMS Client howto mentioned to be very aware of projections
> when combining WMS layer and other layers. I think this shapefile layer have
> data in polar stereographic (EPSG:9810?) projection.
>
> Any clues?
>
> Best Regards
> Joern

Assefa Yewondwossen