WCS maximum window size?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Apr 5 21:42:33 EDT 2006

Jeroen Ticheler wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there a way to configure a WCS to only allow images with a maximum
> size (e.g. 1000*1000 pixels)? Or should this be handled in another manner?
> Thanks,
> Jeroen

Jeroen,

There is a "maximum size" parameter for mapserver that limits the largest
image that can be requested from mapserver.  I believe it applies to WCS
as well, though I'm not actually sure about that.

The default value of the parameter is 2048, so no image larger than
2048 x 2048 could be requested.  You can alter it with the MAXSIZE keyword
in your MAP section.

   eg.
     MAXSIZE 10000

(to allow up to 10000 x 10000 images).

If this parameter does not apply to WCS then I think we should consider it.

Best regards,