GetFeatureInfo still not working

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Tue Apr 11 07:16:31 EDT 2006

Correction to my last remark, you can have text/html as WMS GetFeatureInfo
output but then you need to explicitly specify this (like you already did
in your example ofcourse :-) ):

wms_feature_info_mime_type "text/html"

I didn't know that one .....

Sorry for the confusion.

Best regards,
Bart

> [...]
>
> wrt case 1, can you look up the URL in your webserver's access log to see
> what URL the OGC wmsviewer sends.
>
> I had a closer look, but it is not possible apparently to have HTML output
> for WMS GetFeatureInfo with Mapserver, see also the WMS capabilities
> response, only GML and text are supported:
>
>     <GetFeatureInfo>
>       <Format>text/plain</Format>
>       <Format>application/vnd.ogc.gml</Format>
>       <DCPType>
>       ..
>       </DCPType>
>     </GetFeatureInfo>
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
>> Dear Laura and Bart and all,
>>
>> I think I set everything that you mentioned but when
>>
>> Case 1: error -- I query through OGC wmsviewer, it comes with: WMS
>> server
>> error: Invalid layer (S) given in the LAYERS parameter.
>>
>> Case 2: text/plain return -- If I overlay this layer with maplab and
>> query,
>> the information given as text/plain not as the template which I set as
>> table.
>>
>> When, I follow the WMS server documentation, GETMAP, GETCAPABILITY and
>> GETFEATUREINFO, the result comes out fine.
>>
>> So, is there anything that I miss and you figure it out, pls. let me
>> know.
>>

>> WEB
>>     IMAGEPATH "/data/maplab-2.2/tmp/"
>>
>>     IMAGEURL "/maplab-2.2/tmp/"
>>
>> METADATA
>>
>> "wms_title" "INFO" ##required
>>
>> "wms_feature_info_mime_type" "text/html"
>>
>> "wms_onlineresource"
>> "http://203.159.29.10/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/data/maplab-2.2/AIT/info.map&"
>>
>> "wms_srs" "EPSG:42304 EPSG:42101 EPSG:4269 EPSG:4326" ##recommended
>>
>> "wms_version" "1.1.0"
>>
>> "wms_getmap"
>> "http://203.159.29.10/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/data/maplab-2.2/AIT/info.map&"
>>
>> "wms_getfeatureinfo"
>> "http://203.159.29.10/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/data/maplab-2.2/AIT/info.map&"
>>
>> "wms_featureinfoformat" "text/html"
>>
>> END
>>
>> END
>>
>> LAYER
>>
>> NAME TEST
>>
>> METADATA
>>
>> "wms_title" "TEST" ##required
>>
>> "gml_include_items" "all"
>>
>> END
>>
>> TYPE POLYGON
>>
>> DUMP TRUE
>>
>> TRANSPARENCY 70
>>
>> DATA asia_bnd
>>
>> STATUS ON
>>
>> CLASSITEM cntry_name
>>
>> LABELITEM cntry_name
>>
>> HEADER asia_header.html
>>
>> FOOTER footer.html
>>
>> PROJECTION
>>
>> "init=epsg:4326"
>>
>> END
>>
>> CLASS
>>
>> NAME "Asia Boundary"
>>
>> EXPRESSION /./
>>
>> TEMPLATE /data/maplab-2.2/AIT/data/asia.html

>>> 2. The MIME type returned by the Class templates defaults to text/html
>>> and
>> can be
>>> controlled using the metadata "wms_feature_info_mime_type"
>>> 3. Layer TEMPLATE (required for GetFeatureInfo requests)
>>> 4. Layer DUMP TRUE (only required for GetFeatureInfo GML requests)
>>> 5. You must set the layer TEMPLATE parameter for the layer to be