More than one click over the final image on the browser?

raffle peter raffle80 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Wed Apr 12 08:40:21 EDT 2006

Hi
   What we normally send the request to the webserver
by a single click in the browser. By clicking like
that, a user cannot do some analysis on the final
image. Suppose i want to draw a line on the map by
clicking some points over the map and then want to
find the length of the line. So for this i need to
click over the image more than one. I downloaded one
material to calculate the distance between two points
Using PHP/mapscript from mapserver website. For
accomplishing this i need to click more than once
in the final image. The browser should send the
request to the webserver after clicking some button,
not on the final image.

Any detail explanation on the topic will be highly
appreciated.
Thanks.
Raffle