oracle spatial and mapserver problem

Jochem Prins j.prins at GMX.NET
Fri Apr 14 10:40:35 EDT 2006

Dear all,

for some time i have been playing with UMN mapserver on a Fedora Core 4 i386
computer and manage to compile both ogr/gdal and UMN mapserver from source
without Oracle Spatial. However for an assignment I got to make use of
Oracle Spatial and shapefiles in combination with the mapserver. So far I
manage to get everything I need to compile correctly without any weird
errors.
After installation of gdal/ogr and mapserver I attempt to test the mapserver
by trying to query the mapserver by going to
http://192.168.1.179/cgi-bin/mapserv. This gives me the 500 internal server
error. When I view Apache's error log it says:
/var/www/cgi-bin/mapserv: error while loading shared libraries:
libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Now I do know that this is related to some of the libraries that Oracle
uses. I attempted several things to resolve this problem:

- added the $ORACLE_HOME/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and tried reloading by
issueing ldconfig
- added $ORACLE_HOME and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH to Apache's configuration file
http.conf
- I also checked if the problem was user rights related, but that doesn't
seem to be the problem.

Currently I am stuck and would really appreciate any help on this matter.

Jochem Prins

--
GMX Produkte empfehlen und ganz einfach Geld verdienen!